License and Copyright Agreement
The following License and Copyright Agreement is valid for any article published by Copernicus Publications on behalf of the European Geosciences Union (EGU) in the journal eEarth and its discussion forum eEarth Discussions whose original manuscript was received before 10 December 2007:
- Submission of a manuscript implies that the work described has not been published before (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review or thesis), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out. The author(s) must secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- Furthermore, submission of a manuscript implies that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, then from that moment the author(s) license the published article, and any associated published material, under the Creative Commons Attribution, NonCommercial and ShareAlike License , keep to themselves the right to contribute the article to the collected reprints of any one of the author(s) or their university, educational or research establishment, but otherwise grant Copernicus Publications and the European Geosciences Union the sole right to make copies for commercial purposes for a period of five years from the date of publication.
- The moral right of the author(s) to be identified as the author(s) of the published articles is asserted.
- The use of general descriptive names, trade names, trademarks, etc., in this publication, even if not specifically identified, does not imply that these names are not protected by the relevant laws and regulations.
- While the advice and information in this journal is believed to be true and accurate at the date each article is published, neither the author(s), the editors, nor Copernicus Publications and the European Geosciences Union can accept any legal responsibility for any errors or omissions that may be made. Copernicus Publications and the European Geosciences Union makes no warranty, expressed or implied, with respect to the material contained herein.
- Copernicus Publications and the European Geosciences Union requires commercial rights in order to produce hardcopy volumes of the journal for sale to libraries and individuals.
The Creative Commons Attribution, NonCommercial and ShareAlike License
The Creative Commons Attribution, NonCommercial and ShareAlike License describes the published article and any associated published material as a work. It allows you to copy and distribute the work and to make derivative works as long as you give the original author credit, you do not use this work for commercial purposes and, if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you distribute the resulting work under a license identical to this one.
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work.
- Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by these conditions.
- These conditions may be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder and, in the case of commercial use during the first five years, you also get permission from Copernicus Publications and the European Geosciences Union.